I made up a spreadsheet the other night of all my sewing this year – 38 garments to date! But I am woefully behind on blogging about it all. So I’m doing some batch blogging. Here are some things I’ve made recently but not yet blogged.
This first top is a Named Clothing Inari hack. This was made from this linen something or other I had in my stash – purchased from my favourite local op-shop, Re:Store. The trim is from a vintage store down the road. So many good places in our area to pick up these little bits if you are prepared to dig.
I made this with a 1/2 length sleeve and after adding the trim to the neckline decided against facing it. I liked the raw edge showing. I used the hem from the dress variation rather than the top as I like the high low, cocoon with split of that version.
Nothing else to say really. I feel like sunshine in this top and love the way it pairs with these second hand pants.
The next on the block is the Papercut Skipper in Variation 3. I like this more than the v-neck version I’ve already made. I made the short length, but kept the sleeves at the mid length – the pattern has three variations for length, neck and sleeve. Having re-positioned the dart on the second version of these I made, I made no other adjustments.
Papercut patterns and me are a mixed bag, particularly when compared to the fit I get using Named patterns. But I do like to support a NZ company and this pattern is one that works better than others for me.
This vintage fabric was a Trade Me purchase and I love it. I also really like the square neck of this version.
I’ve paired these with some Simplicity brocade trousers that I made a few years ago and recently cut to 3/4. I now live in them for work so WIN!