It’s taken a while to get this post done because I haven’t been able to get photos of Alex wearing the first thing I made this month. I had a week off in November and it meant I got some really good sewing in, and I’ve been keen to blog about it. So now it’s … More November 2018.
I made up a spreadsheet the other night of all my sewing this year – 38 garments to date! But I am woefully behind on blogging about it all. So I’m doing some batch blogging. Here are some things I’ve made recently but not yet blogged. This first top is a Named Clothing Inari hack. … More On the Tops of the World.
I made french darts! And belle shaped sleeves (if you call them belle rather than bell it makes them french too.) I drafted this off my main top block and re-positioned the legs of the dart to the waist rather than under the arm. My totally-non-left-brain really rebelled, but I kept sketching and playing until … More Oh la la!
I finished another Lottie over the weekend. It was not on my list of upcoming makes but I have wanted a white shirt for the longest time. And for some reason I had a block about making one. It’s made from what appears to be an old sheet. I bought it as ‘fabric’ from the … More Queue Jumper: Another Lottie.
This cute little T-shirt is made from two lots of second hand fabric and self drafted. The body fabric (100% synthentic, pre-lycra stretch) I bought in Geraldine, the same time I bought the fabric for my Ribbed & Striped Top. The coral t-shirt knit was from the Salvation Army in Addington, Christchurch. I’ve had some OK … More Flower Child.