July was a very busy month at work, and while I have about three projects cut out, and a number of others in the sewing queue, I did manage a few simple and not so simple makes this month. Lander Pants – Hack For this make of the Landers I omitted any pockets, replaced the … More July 2018.
As I alluded to in my last post, June was a tough month for us. But some sewing was still achieved. I made Alex a pair of chinos which he has thrashed since the moment the came off the machine. I made no alterations to the Ottobre pattern apart from replacing the welt pockets with … More June 2018.
I have had a lot of fun sewing for Alex recently. Thanks to Siobhan’s excellent suggestion of the Ottobre magazine, I feel like he will never need to purchase RTW again. To date I have made him two long-sleeved t-shirts, one in brown and navy floral, and one grandpa style in sage green with bottle green … More May 2018*.
I’m sure it’s no coincidence that during the term break at work (which fell for three weeks during April), I was much more productive. In **breaking news** I finally threaded my overlocker (it took about 10 attempts) and broke it in this month! And I was also sewing with a freshly serviced machine, so who … More April 2018.
A little late with my monthly round up and a very quiet month creatively speaking. It was a heavy work month and so there was not a lot of time for other things. Sewing While I didn’t do any garment sewing I did make 25 metres of bunting for my friends art project she organised … More March 2018.